2-Day Superpave Mix Design
Wednesday to Thursday
18 – 19 Jan.
9 am – 4 pm MST
Meet The Instructors
Tim Murphy, President of Murphy Pavement Technology, Inc., promotes best practices within the asphalt industry on local, regional, and national levels. He works collaboratively with academia, agencies, associations, consultants, contractors, and material suppliers, to ensure asphalt quality at the most economical means possible. He co-authored “MS-22 Construction of Hot Mix Asphalt Pavements” for the Asphalt Institute and currently travels the country training asphalt professionals and practitioners for the National Highway Institute on asphalt plant production and workmanship.
About the Training:
HMA Superpave Mix Design training workshop will be delivered at ASU on January 18-19, 2023 at ASU. The course is designed to provide hands-on laboratory time and provide a starting point to Superpave Hot Mix Asphalt Mix Design. Registration is open.
- Superpave Specifications Defined
- Aggregate & Asphalt Requirements
- Mixture Selection
- Volumetric Design Requirements
- Design Examples of Dense-Graded Mixes and SMAs
- Compliance with FAA P-401 and P-403
- Specification Review Thru-out
- Asphalt Plant Particulars
- Successful Initial Production Lot (IPL)
- Percent Within Limits (PWL)
Who Should Attend?
- Mix designers
- Pavement engineers
- Agency inspectors